Gifts to the community foundation provide benefits to the community for years to come.
With the development of a fund, which can be named in memory of or in honor of a loved one, donors wishes will be followed in perpetuity.
The GACF offers these great giving options as a flexible service in meeting the needs of the community and our donors. Click here to download a PDF list of funds within the GACF .
- Unrestricted Fund – You can use your gift to meet ever-changing community needs (which often cannot be anticipated at the time your gift is made). We evaluate all aspects of community well being – – health and human services, education, arts and culture, community development, environment, neighborhood revitalization, equity, and more. Your unrestricted gift is used to make a difference where it is needed most.
- Field of Interest Funds – You can target your gift to address needs in an important area of community life such as arts, environment, children or health and establish a fund to permanently support it. You identify your personal interest area when making your gift and the GACF Board awards grants to community agencies and programs that are making an impact in the area you select.
- Designated Funds – You can direct your gift to a specific organization or purpose. Help provide ongoing funding for Camp Wah-Wah-Tay-See, Habitat for Humanity, the Senior Center, your church, or a nonprofit charitable organization in the greater Greenvillearea. You identify the organization you wish to benefit through your gift, and the GACF staff manages the annual distribution of funds.
- Donor Advised Funds – You can have on-going involvement in the use of your gift. You work with our grant-making staff in identifying ways to use dollars from your advised fund to address the community needs you care about most. Your recommendations are submitted to our local board of trustees for approval; we then manage distribution of your grant dollars.
- Agency Endowed Funds – Area nonprofit organizations can enhance their assets by developing a fund with the GACF. This fund would allow the organization’s assets to grow and create long-term financial security and relieve the nonprofit’s staff of managing the fund. The earnings of the fund are granted at the desire of the agency for the organizations needs specifically. Other donors may contribute to Agency Funds as well. Contact the GACF for agency funds that are already in existence in the family of endowment funds held at GACF.
- Scholarship Funds – Improve the lives of students with a permanent source of higher education funding. A board-approved volunteer committee reviews applications for the scholarship and selects the recipients based on donor criteria.
- Geographic Affiliate Funds – Members of a geographic area or community within the Montcalm county area can create a Fund that directly benefits their specific area. The GACF staff provides administrative services to the Advisory Committee of the Fund who works at raising the endowment of the Fund. All earnings go back to the area as grants approved by the local Advisory Committee and supported by the GACF Board of Trustees. Currently there are two affiliate funds associated with the GACF. The Montcalm Panhandle Community Fund covers the Howard City area of Montcalm county and the Lakeview Area Community Fund covers the area served by the Lakeview school district. Contact the GACF office for more information about giving to these two geographic affiliate funds.