Proposals that support youth and family programs in our community are given special consideration through the GYAC and the Lakeview Youth Advisory Council (LYAC). Members of these very active and involved groups come from the area high schools & middle schools and are learning first-hand about the importance of community involvement and philanthropy.
GYAC Grant Criteria …
There are a number of factors that contribute to the decisions involved in the grant making process of the YAC’s. Some of the major considerations include:
- Number of area youth affected by the grant
- Area where youth will be most affected by the grant (geographic location)
- Significance of the grant on area youth
- Ability of the grant to fulfill the needs of area youth
Current areas of need as identified by the area youth include:
- Substance Abuse
- Poor performance in school
- Confidence and self esteem issues in girls
- Health and wellness issues
- Teen driver safety
- Teen pregnancy
- Hunger or food insecurity
- Dating violence
- Access to recreation
To download a copy of our GYAC grant application in Word format, click on the icon below.
If you have questions about our grant making process, or would like additional help in completing your grant request, we would be pleased to meet with you and help in any way possible. Simply call our office with your questions or make an appointment to meet with us. For more information about grant applications contact the GACF office at 616.754.2640 or email Amy O’Brien, Director of Grants & Communications.