Gifts to the community foundation provide benefits to the community for years to come.
The GACF offers these great giving options as a flexible service in meeting the needs of the community and our donors. To download a PDF list of funds within the GACF, click here.
- Advised Funds – You can have on-going involvement in the use of your gift. You work with our grant-making staff in identifying ways to use dollars from your advised fund to address the community needs you care about most. Your recommendations are submitted to our local board of trustees for approval; we then manage distribution of your grant dollars.
- Unrestricted Fund – You can use your gift to meet ever-changing community needs (which often cannot be anticipated at the time your gift is made). We evaluate all aspects of community well being – – health and human services, education, arts and culture, community development, environment, neighborhood revitalization, and more. Your unrestricted gift is then used to make a difference where it is needed most.
- Field of Interest Funds – You can target your gift to address needs in an important area of community life. Arts. Aging, At-risk youth. Education. Literacy. Health. You identify your personal interest area when making your gift and the GACF Board awards grants to community agencies and programs that are making a difference in the area you select.
- Designated Funds – You can direct your gift to a specific agency or purpose. Help provide ongoing funding for Camp Wah Wah Tay See, Habitat for Humanity, the Senior Center, your church, or virtually any non-profit charitable organization in the area. You identify the organization you wish to benefit through your gift … the GACF staff manages the annual distribution of funds.
- Agency Endowed Funds – Area non-profit organizations can enhance their assets by developing a fund with the GACF. This fund would allow the organizations assets to grow and create long-term financial security and relieve the non-profit’s staff of managing the fund. The earnings of the fund are granted at the desire of the agency for the organizations needs specifically. Other donors may contribute to Agency Funds as well. Contact the GACF for agency funds that are already in existence in the family of endowment funds held at GACF.
- Geographic Affiliate Funds – Members of a geographic area or community within the Montcalm county area can create a Fund that directly benefits their specific area. The GACF staff provides administrative services to the Advisory Committee of the Fund who works at raising the endowment of the Fund. All earnings go back to the area as grants approved by the local Advisory Committee and supported by the GACF Board of Trustees. Currently there are two affiliate funds associated with the GACF. The Montcalm Panhandle Community Fund covers the Howard City area of Montcalm county and the Lakeview Area Community Fund covers the area served by the Lakeview school district. Contact the GACF office for more information about giving to these two geographic affiliate funds.
GACF BOARD VARIANCE POWER: The GACF Board shall have the power to modify any restriction or condition on the distribution of funds for any specified charitable purposes or to specified organizations if in the sole judgment of the board (without the approval of any trustee, custodian or agent), such restriction or condition becomes, in effect, unnecessary, incapable of fulfillment or inconsistent with the charitable needs of the community or area served. (See also Article III, Section 1 (D) of the community foundation Bylaws.)